Review submission guidelines and reviewing policies:
- I am accepting novels and novellas only right now.
- I am not accepting self-published works at this time.
- The novels I read are typically between 75,000-130,000 words. Your submission should fall within that limit.
- The novellas I read are typically between 25,000-30,000 words. Your submission should fall within that limit.
- NO comics submissions at all.
- I am accepting works that are in the following genres:
- Science Fiction – Space Opera, Military Fiction and Near-Future only. NO post-apocalyptic fiction.
- Fantasy – Epic/High Fantasy, Urban Fantasy and Military Fantasy only. NO romance-heavy fiction.
- The turnaround on reviews is about 4-10 weeks.
- I’ll need a high-res/high-quality cover image, a synopsis/premise, and a digital review copy in either EPUB or MOBI format.
- All submission emails must be titled: “Review Submission for the (novel/novella) (name of story)”. Eg. “Review Submission for the novel Crusade in Stars”.
- I’ll also need your social media info – Facebook and/or Twitter, as well as that of your publisher, should you have one so that I can appropriately tag my reviews once they are on social media.
- The reviews will go up on this blog and will also be cross-linked to Goodreads, Facebook and Twitter.
- I will post links/content on Amazon or any other website only on request.
- I reserve the right to refuse any request and simply sending me a submission is not an acceptance unless I write back to you.
VERY IMPORTANT: I guarantee only a fair review, either positive or negative depending on my reading experience. If for some reason I cannot do a review, I will let you know as soon as I can. But it bears mentioning that if I don’t finish a story, irrespective of length, then I generally do not review it. I have huge backlogs already of things and I prefer to focus on what I did finish.
And that’s really it. My reading preferences are no mystery if you follow me on social media and/or Goodreads, so please make sure that you only submit what I have indicated and not anything else.
Ratings Guide (Updated 19th June, 2017)
- 9.5-10 – Worthy of being a classic and “Book of the Year” status. Flaws can be ignored.
- 8.5-9 – Minor noticeable flaws but a great book and “Book of the Month” status.
- 7-8 – Overall decent but some glaring flaws.
- 5-6.5 – Too problematic. Recommended with caution.
- 3-4.5 -Far too many flaws that outweigh any strengths. Not recommended.
- 1-2.5 – Absolutely not recommended. Avoid at all costs.